Go to our Main Website

Call our international team on +44 1422 312343

international@marshalls.com
Hong Kong

Victoria Park

Location: Hong Kong

With its predominant warm buff tones, intermittently laced through with harmonising darker swirls and lines, Cromwell is unquestionably one of the finest Yorkstone paving materials quarried from the Pennine hills of Northern England. But how much of its charismatic charm is lost when it's laid on the floor? So strong was this question in the minds of designers working for Hong Kong's Architectural Services Department (ASD) that they decided to use Cromwell on several feature walls that today grace this world famous park. Marshalls also supplied Scout Moor Yorkstone to this prestigous project.

Victoria Park
United States of America

De Young Museum

Location: San Francisco, United States of America

Founded in 1895 in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park, the de Young Museum, damaged by the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake, was closed to the public on December 31, 2000. Walter Hood, of Landscape Architects Hood Design, chose Marshalls Greenmoor rustic as the paving material to be used during the restoration. Sculptor Andy Goldsworthy hand fettled several large Marshalls' supplied Yorkstone blocks, which form a feature in one of the courtyards that draws visitors and the landscape into the museum's interior.

De Young Museum
Gibraltar

Main Street

Location: Gibraltar

A phased development starting in the mid-1990's, Marshalls have supplied some 20,000m² of Yorkstone Paving to the principal pedestrian thoroughfare Main Street, which terminates at it's western end into Casemates Square. Pavements are 50mm thick flamed Greenmoor Rustic in 300mm guaged width and random length. Trafficked areas are 75mm Tumbled Setts from the company's Appleton Quarry. It is almost impossible to visit "The Rock" today without walking all over Marshalls paving.

Main Street
Germany

Das Rathaus

Location: Hamburg, Germany

Designed by famous German Architect Martin Haller in the latter part of the nineteenth century, das Rathaus (Town Hall) is one of the completely preserved historical buildings in the German city of Hamburg. Over one hundred years after the official opening in 1897, Marshalls were asked to supply some 2000m² of their Scoutmoor Paving to the courtyard area of this fabulous example of neo-renaissance architecture. Featured centrally in the courtyard is the Hygieia fountain. Hygieia, as the goddess of health in Greek mythology, represents the power and pureness of the water. The feature was built in remembrance of the cholera epidemic in 1892.

Das Rathaus